NAA announces full lineup for mediaXchange 2014 featuring more than 50 speakers, 25 sessions and 100 advertising representatives
New for 2014, conference will include Accelerator Pitch program for startups and special breakout sessions for advertising, circulation and content creation
Director of Communications
February 18, 2014
Arlington, Va. – The Newspaper Association of America has released the full program and speaker lineup for the 2014 NAA mediaXchange conference, which will take place on March 16-19 at the Hyatt Regency in Denver. The event will feature industry leaders addressing key topics including emerging digital trends, evolving revenue strategies and the transformation of news media. In total, the conference will feature more than 50 speakers and panelists in more than 25 sessions, as well as 100 representatives from advertisers and agencies scheduled to meet with registered attendees.
For the first time in 2014, eight startup companies will present during the inaugural Accelerator Pitch program. Chosen from 20 finalists, each company demonstrated the ability to help newspaper companies’ print, digital, mobile, audience or advertising needs and will have four minutes to pitch attendees.
Also new for 2014 are dedicated breakout sessions on Wednesday, March 19, with tracks dedicated to specific parts of the newspaper industry, as well as sponsor breakout sessions. These sessions include “Successfully Navigating Alternative Revenue Streams” for advertising and revenue executives, “Developing an Audience-Focused, Data-Driven Content Strategy” led by the American Press Institute, and “Building Audiences and Digital Subscriptions 2.0” for audience and circulation executives.
Highlights for the conference program include:
- Twitter Head of News Vivian Schiller, hired by the social media giant in October, to discuss why newspaper media matters.
- B. Bonin Bough, advertising executive with Mondelez International and architect of Oreo’s famed Super Bowl ad, will open the conference on Monday, March 17, speaking on mobile.
- Buzzfeed editor-in-chief Ben Smith will share his experience working with native and editorial content. There will also be a panel on native advertising featuring executives from Dell, The New York Times and Chicago Tribune.
- Advertisers will schedule meetings with registered attendees during the conference.
- Among the confirmed advertisers are Kohl’s, Macy’s, Walmart, Sears, Target, CVS, Sports Authority and Staples.
- Dignitaries on hand will include the Mayor of Denver, Michael B. Hancock, and the Governor of Colorado, John Hickelooper.
All media is invited to cover the event and should contact NAA Director of Communications Sean O’Leary at firstname.lastname@example.org or (571) 366-1009 to secure a media credential.
To register for the event, please visit NAA.org/mediaXchange.
NAA mediaXchange is the largest gathering of industry executives in North America. The conference is designed to offer exceptional networking opportunities that allow industry professionals to share information and ideas that provide insight and produce results. Additionally, the conference will focus on strategies to increase audience and revenue, innovations inside and outside the industry, and the sharing of best practices from our members.
NAA is a nonprofit organization representing nearly 2,000 newspapers and their multiplatform businesses in the United States and Canada. NAA members include daily newspapers, as well as nondailies, other print publications and online products. Headquartered near Washington, D.C., in Arlington, Va., the association focuses on the major issues that affect today's newspaper industry: public policy/legal matters, advertising revenue growth and audience development across the medium's broad portfolio of products and digital platforms. Information about NAA and the industry also may be found at www.naa.org.